To receive notifications of all future projects being bid by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority, please register to be included in the Port Authority's Supplier Database.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR PROPOSALS | TOLEDO-LUCAS COUNTY PORT AUTHORITY | TOLEDO, OHIO
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Board of Directors that Sealed Bids will be received by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority for:
Pump Out Platform Rehabilitation
at Facility Three
Oregon, OH 43616
This contract is for all labor, material, insurance, and equipment necessary for the Pump Out Platform Rehabilitation project located at Facility Three in Oregon, Ohio 43616, in accordance with the approved plans and specifications, to the Port Authority at One Maritime Plaza, 7th, floor Toledo, Ohio 43604.
Bids will be received at the Port Authority’s administrative offices at One Maritime Plaza, 7th floor Toledo, OH 43604 until Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM, at which time and place all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
The project “Pump Out Platform Rehabilitation” consists of dredge pipe excavation (50 CY), dredge pipe removal (200 FT), platform walkway removal (7,700 LB),cracked pile jacket repair (2,150 LB), cracked pile epoxy injection repair (50 FT), painting of existing structural steel (250 SF), header pipe anchor removal (1,075 LB), replacement walkway structure (12,700 LB), replacement west dolphin steel piles (832 FT), replacement west dolphin structural steel framing (9,800 LB), replacement dolphin ladder (360 LB), painting of new dolphin structural steel (4,200 SF). Project may be awarded by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority at its sole discretion. The engineer’s estimate for the project is approximately $316,000.00
Plans, Specifications, Instructions to Proposers, and Forms of Proposal and Contract are on file and may be obtained by either (1) obtaining hard copies from Becker Impressions, 4646 Angola Road, Toledo, OH 43615, phone 419.385.5303, during normal business hours, or (2) ordering from Becker Impressions, via their website www.beckerplanroom.com at a non-refundable price of $25.
Proposals must be submitted on the form included in the Specifications and shall be accompanied by a certified check or an acceptable Proposal Bond with satisfactory surety specifying the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority as the oblige, in the sum of not less than ten percent (10%) of the total proposal amount.
Any bid may be withdrawn prior to the scheduled closing time for receipt of bids.
The successful bidder will be required to submit a Contract Bond and Certificate of Insurance.
The Port Authority’s goal for disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) participation in the project shall be fifteen percent (15%), and bidder shall provide documentation of its ability to achieve that goal or, if the Port Authority’s goal is not attainable by bidder, bidder shall provide an affidavit detailing why that goal was not attained. A bid that fails to meet this requirement will be considered non-responsive.
The lowest responsive and responsible bid shall be determined in accordance with the Port Authority’s Resolution No. 68-00 as found in the General Conditions.
The Port Authority reserves the right to reject any or all bids, and to waive any technicalities as it may deem best for their interest. The Port Authority also reserves the right to add or subtract from quantities shown in the proposal.
Please note that there will be a pre-bid meeting for this project for all prospective bidders on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 10:00 AM at the Port Authority’s administrative offices at One Maritime Plaza, 7th floor, Toledo, OH 43604. Attendance is suggested, but not necessary. Please submit all questions to the Port Authority, Tina Perkins at Projects@Toledoport.org by Friday, October 27, 2017 at 10:00 AM local time.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR SERVICES
RELATING TO THE DESIGN OF ACCESS IMPROVEMENTS TO THE PORT OF TOLEDO GENERAL CARGO DOCKS AND THE IRONVILLE TERMINAL
The Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority (“TLCPA”) is requesting qualification statements from professional full-service consulting engineer firms to provide design services in connection with the subject project. The project involves designing two roundabouts, the first at Front Street and Millard Avenue to improve access to the Port of Toledo, and the second at the intersection of Millard Avenue and Tiffin Street to accommodate access into the Ironville Facility. The total project budget for the project as described below is approximately $3.9 million. The targeted design completion date is June 30, 2018.
Click here to view the overall plan.
Description of Proposed Access Improvements:
- The project involves designing two roundabouts, and will incorporate the City of Toledo resurfacing design construction plans for Front Street from I280 to Millard Avenue.
- The project includes design services, procurement assistance and construction oversight for all phases of the project that will include but not be limited to the following components:
- Engineering, survey, geotechnical and environmental services, as well as right of way services as required
- Preparation of final plans and specifications for procurement of a construction contractor and bid evaluation assistance.
- Construction administration to include shop drawing review, RFI’s and other questions from the Contractor.
This notice shall serve as a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) from qualified firms to prepare development of construction documents pursuant to ODOT’s requirements as outlined in the most recent edition of the ODOT Location and Design Manual as well as City of Toledo’s requirements.
The firm will need to complete all design, environmental and right-away. They will be required to secure all permits. Upon completion of the project the firm will be required to provide as-built construction drawings. Responses to this RFQ will be used to select a qualified firm to perform this work for the TLCPA.
Selection of a firm will proceed in the following manner:
- The TLCPA will review and evaluate the statements of the qualifications filed. The first phase of the selection will be based on an evaluation point system as outlined below. The evaluation will be made by a selection team. The selection team will prepare a short list of the best-qualified consultants. This list will consist of a minimum of three (3) consultants. At that time the short listed firms will be asked to provide a cost estimate along with additional information if needed.
Evaluation criteria includes:
- Professional staff qualifications; 20
- Specialized experience required to perform services for the proposed project (as described above); 15
- Capacity to complete the work in the required time/compressed deadline; 10
- Familiarity with project requirements and the proposed project area; 10
- Past record of performance of construction with TLCPA or ODOT and COT, including quality of work, timeliness, and cost control;
- Present work load;10
- The qualifications of individuals who will be project manager for the project, including past experience on similar design projects comparable to this project; and 15
- Plan for including Minority Participation for this project 10
TOTAL POINTS: 100
- Project and cost proposals will be requested and interviews will be conducted with those consultants on the short list. Visits may be made by the selection team to applicant’s office to further evaluate the capabilities of the firms.
Contract negotiations will be conducted by the TLCPA in accordance with the following procedures:
- The short listed firms will be requested to develop a project cost proposal at time of interview.
- The Consultant ranked number one (1) will submit a final project cost proposal for design and construction management services and negotiations will be conducted as required.
- Should negotiations with number one prove unsatisfactory; the Port Authority will attempt to negotiate a project cost with the consultant ranked number two (2).
- Should negotiations with number two prove unsatisfactory, consultant number three (3) will be contacted.
- Once negotiations have been terminated with a firm and begun with another, they will not be reopened with the former firm.
- Upon completion of successful negotiations, a contract will be executed with the TLCPA
The Port Authority will afford minority and female-owned businesses equal opportunity to submit qualifications and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, or national origin.
A minimum Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (“DBE”) participation of 15% is required.
Selection of a consultant and any agreement of contract entered into will be in accordance with guidelines set forth by ODOT and TLCPA.
The TLCPA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all RFQ responses without further action.
Qualification statements are limited to a total of twenty-five one-sided pages, including transmittal letter, resumes, and all exhibits, but excluding divider pages. No table of contents is required. The statements must contain the following information presented in the following order:
- Transmittal letter.
- Describe relevant experience on similar projects and type of services of the firm. Each project description should include:
- Date of Services
- Firm Responsibility/Role on the project
- Construction Cost
- Change Order Amounts (a demonstrated ability to produced finished project with minimum change orders and stay within project budget)
- Individuals in the firm proposed for this project who worked on the project and their role.
- Staff experience in similar projects. Provide an organizational chart of key project professional and technical staffing, individual roles and responsibilities of each person, and include resumes. The submittals should include the number of staff, including registered architects and engineers, in all disciplines, length of time the key people have been employed by the firms, and percent of time to be committed to this project.
Indicate present work load and projected workload for the duration of the project. Include a reference for key staff members.
- Knowledge of and previous experience on similar projects involving design and construction oversight.
- A brief description of the firm’s related experience and individuals’ experience, familiarity with the area, and past work experience on similar projects.
- Program Approach and other relevant comments. Indicate which disciplines will be in-house, which will be sub-consultants, and what specialty sub-consultants will be included for a complete project.
- Proof of professional liability insurance in the amount of $2 million.
- References on projects and services completed within the past three years (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers) and letters of recommendation.
- Known / Open History of Pending / Resolved Claims within the last 10 years.
All material and information submitted in response to this Request for Proposal shall become the property of TLCPA.
The TLCPA is a public entity and subject to certain disclosures. All material submitted as part of this Request for Proposal will be treated as public information with no expectations of confidentiality.
COST OF RFQ SUBMITTAL
The TLCPA is not liable for any cost incurred by any respondents in preparation or presentation of any qualifications.
Offerors are invited to submit three (3) hard copies, along with an electronic copy, of qualification statements to be received no later than Monday October 9, at 1:00 p.m. local time, to:
Mr. Todd Audet, P.E.
Vice President, Planning, Engineering & Operations
Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority
One Maritime Plaza, 7th Floor
Toledo, OH 43604
Questions concerning this RFQ must be submitted in writing or via email to:
Mr. Anthony Shumaker, Project Engineer (ASchumaker@toledoport.org). All questions and answers are public information.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR PROPOSALS TOLEDO‑LUCAS COUNTY PORT AUTHORITY TOLEDO, OHIO NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Board of Directors that Proposals will be received by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority for:
FACILITY #3 – CDF MATERIAL REUSE
The Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority is seeking entities interested in utilizing dredged material located in the Port’s portion of the Facility #3 CDF in Oregon, Ohio. The Port Authority has collected geotechnical and chemical data on the material located in approximately 183 acres of the 258 acre “boot shaped” parcel shown in the attachment focusing in the upper strata (0-5 feet). The reports are attached for your review. Material can be mined from the CDF and utilized in a variety of value added applications with appropriate permitting from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Ohio EPA is supportive of beneficial use projects and will cooperate with any interested party in determining if the proposed application is permissible under Ohio environmental law. We also encourage entities in Michigan and other states to consider submitting proposals for use of this material. Mining the material will create additional capacity in the facility for the future placement of dredged material that would otherwise likely be placed in Lake Erie.
The chemical and geotechnical properties of the sediment may not be homogeneous throughout the facility. The successful firm will be responsible for providing all equipment and manpower necessary for excavating material from the CDF, loading it, and transporting it to the proposed project location. The firm will demonstrate that they have ownership or the legal right to deposit the material at their proposed location. The material will be taken “as-is”. The firm will assume all environmental responsibility for the material and will use the material in a way that is consistent with their proposal. The Port Authority will ensure that the successful firm has appropriate access to the CDF and will offer the material at no cost. We encourage proposals from entities that have the capacity to utilize significant volumes of material but will consider making material available for smaller projects too. The Port will consider offering space at Facility 3 to entities that wish to process the material prior to removing it. Please provide a time frame for removing the material in your proposal. Please contact Joe Cappel at 419-243-8251 or via email at email@example.com with any questions or comments or to arrange a site visit at Facility 3.
Please limit your proposal to 25 pages or less and submit four (4) hard copies of your proposal to the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority, One Maritime Plaza, 7th floor, Toledo, Ohio 43604, no later than 5p.m. Friday, January 29, 2016.
Please click here for the Analytical Report
Please click here for the Geotech Report
Please click here for the Sampling Map