To receive notifications of all future projects being bid by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority, please register to be included in the Port Authority's Supplier Database.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR AVIATION CONSULTING SERVICES
The Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority (TLCPA) is seeking a qualified aviation consulting and engineering firm to provide professional planning, environmental, architectural, administration and engineering services for the Toledo Express Airport and Toledo Executive Airport. These services are to be provided in connection with the capital improvement plan (CIP) for both airports.
This Request for Qualifications (RFQ) will result in a multi-year agreement with a consultant for a period of five (5) years. The selected consultant will then negotiate and enter into sub-agreements for services, based on the scope of work, with the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority on a project/assignment basis during the term of the five (5) year period.
The selection process of a consultant is being done in accordance with Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA) Advisory Circular 150/5100-14E, and applicable Ohio statutes and laws. The Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority reserves the right to withdraw this RFQ, or reject any and all submittals in response to this RFQ for any reason at any time during the bid process due to unforeseen or any change in circumstances. This RFQ plus the resulting agreement, shall be consistent with all terms and conditions associated with contracts entered into by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Services requested may include General Consulting, Planning, Environmental, Architectural, Engineering, Construction Inspection, Grant Procurement Assistance, Capital Improvement Program Management and Asset Management Assistance, as well as other services as required, including but not limited to:
- Prepare project funding applications and Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) documents.
- Perform design, bidding and negotiation, construction administration and resident inspection services for any airport projects as requested by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority.
- Prepare and update property line map, Airport Layout Plan (ALP) and Environmental documentation, as necessary.
- On-going pavement management including design and analysis for pavement repairs and/or upgrades – with a goal to improve pavement longevity;
- Airfield electrical upgrades;
- Other potential projects as identified on the Airport Layout Plan;
- Airspace studies and FAA airspace analysis submittals (ie. Part 77 and TERPS);
- Geotechnical/subsurface investigations and surveying;
- On-site construction management, inspection services and overall safety review and compliance of projects;
- Airport planning related to airfield capacity and terminal planning;
- Terminal and building design;
- Airport GIS initiatives;
- Participation in regularly scheduled project meetings
- Perform other airport related functions as prescribed and directed by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority.
- Updates to TLCPA Esri GIS and Asset Management Systems
Some of the services may not be required, TLCPA reserves the right to initiate additional procurement action for any of the services included herein.
Selection of a firm will proceed in the following manner:
The TLCPA will review and evaluate the statements of the qualifications filed. The first phase of the selection will be based on an evaluation point system as outlined below. The evaluation will be made by a selection team. The selection team may recommend a single firm based on statements of qualification or they may prepare a short list of the best-qualified firms. At that time the short-listed firms may be asked to provide additional information as needed.
The Statement of Qualifications will be evaluated and scored by the following points (maximum of 100 Points available):
- Firm / Team Qualifications and Experience – (Up to 20 Points)
- Project Manager and Key Personnel Qualifications and Experience – (Up to 25 Points)
- Workload Capacity – (Up to 10 Points)
- Geographic Location (Include details for quick response and support of TLCPA staff) – (Up to 10 Points)
- Plan for including Minority Business Enterprise Participation for the term of the agreement – (Up to 10 Points)
- Knowledge of and experience working with the personnel, policies, and procedures of the FAA Detroit ADO and ODOT Office of Aviation – (Up to 10 Points)
- Past record of performance with TLCPA, including quality of work, timeliness, and cost control – (Up to 10 Points)
- References and Past Performance – (Up to 5 Points)
- Proof of Insurance – (Pass / Fail)
- Known / Open History of Pending / Resolved Claims - (Pass / Fail)
After this review, a list, if applicable, will be developed ranking the most qualified firms. Contract negotiations will be conducted by the TLCPA in accordance with the following procedures:
- The short-listed A/E firms will be scheduled for an interview.
- After the completion of all interviews, the firms will be ranked.
- The TLCPA will attempt to negotiate an agreement with the firm ranked number one
- Should negotiations with the firm ranked fail to reach agreement, the TLCPA will attempt to negotiate an agreement with the firm ranked number two (2).
- Should negotiations with the firm ranked number two fail to reach agreement, the TLCPA will attempt to negotiate an agreement with the firm ranked number three (3).
- In the event that the TLCPA is unable to reach agreement with the firm ranked number three, the TLCPA reserves the right to review existing qualification statements, to seek additional qualification statements, or to take other such action as is appropriate.
- Once negotiations have been terminated with a firm and begun with another, they will not be reopened with the former firm.
- Upon completion of successful negotiations, a contract will be executed with the TLCPA.
The Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority will afford minority and female-owned businesses equal opportunity to submit qualifications and will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, age, handicap, color, sex, religion, or national origin.
A minimum Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (“DBE”) participation goal of 15% will apply to each sub agreement.
The TLCPA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all RFQ responses without further action.
Qualification statements are limited to a total of forty one-sided pages (20 double sided pages), including transmittal letter, resumes, and all exhibits, but excluding divider pages. A table of contents is required. The statements must contain the following information presented in the following order:
- Transmittal letter.
- Describe firm / team relevant experience in aviation consulting as a general aviation consultant and type of services of the firm. Each assignment description should include:
- Date of Services
- Firm Responsibility/Role on the project
- Representative projects
- Individuals in the firm proposed for this assignment who worked on the projects and their role.
- Staff experience in aviation consulting. Provide an organizational chart of key project professional and technical staffing, individual roles and responsibilities of each person, and include resumes. The submittals should include the number of staff, including registered architects and engineers, in all disciplines, length of time the key people have been employed by the firms, and percent of time to be committed to this project. Indicate present work load and projected workload for the duration of the project. Include a reference for key staff members.
- Program Approach and other relevant comments. Indicate which disciplines will be in-house, which will be sub-consultants, and what specialty sub-consultants will be included for a complete project.
- Evidence that the consultant has made good faith efforts in meeting Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) goals (49 CFR, § 26.53).
- Proof of general liability, automobile liability and professional liability insurance in the minimum amounts of $2 million, as well as workers compensation (as required by law) and employer’s liability (at least $1 million) will be required.
- References on similar aviation consulting services completed within the past three years (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers) and letters of recommendation.
- Known / Open History of Pending / Resolved Claims within the last 10 years.
All material and information submitted in response to this Request for Qualifications shall become the property of TLCPA.
The TLCPA is a public entity and subject to certain disclosures. All material submitted as part of this Request for Qualifications will be treated as public information with no expectations of confidentiality.
COST OF RFQ SUBMITTAL
The TLCPA is not liable for any cost incurred by any respondents in preparation or presentation of any materials in response to this RFQ.
Respondents are required to check the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority’s website for all addendums that are released leading up to the date of qualification which is December 21, 2018.
Offerors are invited to submit three (3) hard copies, along with an electronic copy, of qualification statements to be received no later than December 21, 2018, at 1:00 p.m. local time, to:
Mrs. Tina Perkins
Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority
One Maritime Plaza, 7th Floor
Toledo, OH 43604
Questions concerning this RFQ must be submitted in writing or via email to: TPerkins@toledoport.org.
All questions and answers are public information
ADVERTISEMENT FOR PROPOSALS FOR FRONT STREET AND MILLARD AVENUE RESURFACING AND ROUNDABOUTS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Sealed Bids will be received by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority for all labor, material, insurance, and equipment necessary for the Front Street and Millard Avenue Resurfacing and Roundabouts project located in Lucas, County, Toledo, Ohio 43604, in accordance with the approved plans and specifications. The engineer’s estimate for the base bid for the project is approximately $5,481,838.00.
Only ODOT pre-qualified contractors are eligible to submit bids for this project. Pre-qualification status must be in effect/current at the time of award.
Bids will be received at the Port Authority’s administrative offices at One Maritime Plaza, 7th floor, Toledo, OH 43604 until Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 10:00am, at which time and place all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
Plans, Specifications, Instructions to Proposers, and Forms of Proposal and Contract are on file and may be obtained by either (1) obtaining hard copies from Becker Impressions, 4646 Angola Road, Toledo, OH 43615, phone 419.385.5303, during normal business hours, or (2) ordering from Becker Impressions, via their website www.beckerplanroom.com at the cost of reproduction.
The Port Authority’s goal for disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) participation in the project shall be eight percent (8%), and bidder shall provide documentation of its ability to achieve that goal or, if the Port Authority’s goal is not attainable by bidder, bidder shall provide an affidavit detailing why that goal was not attained. A bid that fails to meet this requirement will be considered non-responsive.
The contractor shall take particular note of the contract provisions, noted in ODOT’s LPA Template, Item #25 PN013, dealing with online submittal of their DBE Utilization Plan and Good Faith Efforts.
Please note that there will be a pre-bid meeting for this project for all prospective bidders on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 10:00am, at the Port Authority’s administrative offices at One Maritime Plaza, 7th floor, Toledo, OH 43604. Attendance is suggested, but not necessary. Please submit all questions to the Port Authority, Tina Perkins at TPerkins@Toledoport.org by Friday, September 28, 2018 at 10:00am local time.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR PROPOSALS FOR CONSTRUCT TAXILANE PROJECT LOCATED AT TOLEDO EXECUTIVE AIRPORT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Sealed Bids will be received by the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority for all labor, material, insurance, and equipment necessary for the Construct Taxilane project located at Toledo Executive Airport in Millbury, Ohio 43447, in accordance with the approved plans and specifications. The engineer’s estimate for the base bid is approximately $143,740.00 and bid alternate #1 is approximately $85,300.00
Bids will be received at the Port Authority’s administrative offices at One Maritime Plaza, Toledo, OH 43604 until Thursday, June 7, 2018, at 10:00 AM, at which time and place all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Plans, Specifications, Instructions to Proposers, and Forms of Proposal and Contract are on file and may be obtained by either (1) obtaining hard copies from Becker Impressions, 4646 Angola Road, Toledo, OH 43615, phone 419.385.5303, during normal business hours, or (2) ordering from Becker Impressions, via their website www.beckerplanroom.com at the cost of reproduction.
Please note that there will be a pre-bid meeting for this project for all prospective bidders on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 10:00 AM in the Conference Room in the Toledo Executive Airport terminal building (Crow Executive Air, Inc.), 28331 Lemoyne Road, Millbury, OH 43447. Attendance is suggested, but not necessary. Please submit all questions to the Port Authority, Tina Perkins at Projects@toledoport.org by Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 10 AM local time. Attendance is suggested, but not necessary.
FACILITY #3 - CDF MATERIAL REUSE
The Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority is seeking entities interested in utilizing dredged material located in the Port’s portion of the Facility #3 CDF in Oregon, Ohio. The Port Authority has collected geotechnical and chemical data on the material located in approximately 183 acres of the 258 acre “boot shaped” parcel shown in the attachment focusing in the upper strata (0-5 feet). The reports are attached for your review. Material can be mined from the CDF and utilized in a variety of value added applications with appropriate permitting from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Ohio EPA is supportive of beneficial use projects and will cooperate with any interested party in determining if the proposed application is permissible under Ohio environmental law. We also encourage entities in Michigan and other states to consider submitting proposals for use of this material. Mining the material will create additional capacity in the facility for the future placement of dredged material that would otherwise likely be placed in Lake Erie.
The chemical and geotechnical properties of the sediment may not be homogeneous throughout the facility. The successful firm will be responsible for providing all equipment and manpower necessary for excavating material from the CDF, loading it, and transporting it to the proposed project location. The firm will demonstrate that they have ownership or the legal right to deposit the material at their proposed location. The material will be taken “as-is”. The firm will assume all environmental responsibility for the material and will use the material in a way that is consistent with their proposal. The Port Authority will ensure that the successful firm has appropriate access to the CDF and will offer the material at no cost. We encourage proposals from entities that have the capacity to utilize significant volumes of material but will consider making material available for smaller projects too. The Port will consider offering space at Facility 3 to entities that wish to process the material prior to removing it. Please provide a time frame for removing the material in your proposal. Please contact Joe Cappel at 419-243-8251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments or to arrange a site visit at Facility 3.
Please limit your proposal to 25 pages or less and submit four (4) hard copies of your proposal to the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority, One Maritime Plaza, 7th floor, Toledo, Ohio 43604, no later than 5p.m. Friday, January 29, 2016.